European Headache Federation (EHF) promotes its own School of Advanced Studies (SAS), aimed to support headache science and scout young scientists following criteria of merits. EHF-SAS offers young EU scientists high qualifying educational activities, complementary to the ones operating in their structures, enhancing their critical spirit and their skills to face the complex knowledge of headache medicine always in a multidisciplinary perspective.
The offer of EHF-SAS covers the richness and diversity of Headache Medicine fields, being articulated in the following three classes of interest:
- Basic Science
- Clinical Science
- Diagnostic Science
EHF-SAS places a great emphasis on collaborative projects. EHF will support its fellows’ activities allowing them to independently build their own plan sided by the EHF-SAS Scientific Committee.
The EHF-SAS teaching staff includes Senior Fellows and Honorary Senior Fellows. EHF-SAS Senior Fellows are ex-officio the members of the EHF Board of Directors during their terms.
Candidates must present the right qualifications through a telephone interview in order to be admitted as Junior Fellow to the School for Advanced Studies. EHF-SAS will select researchers and will help them to promote projects and multi-national research programs. The Journal of Headache and Pain, as EHF Official Journal, will accept for peer-review the scientific results of EHF-SAS groups.
The EHF-SAS will offer to selected fellows an annual grant of € 1.000 in order to cover all expenses due to the two scheduled annual meetings, the first one in Sapienza Guest House, the second one during the Rome Congress 2017 where specific autonomous sessions will be assigned them.
The EHF-SAS Fellowship certification will be released during the Rome Congress 2017.
Basic pre-requisites for admission are:
- Age under 40
- Letter of Motivation and Letter of Presentation
- Target applicant’s:
- MD, PhD, PhD student, Headache Medicine MSc
- Resident with specific interest in Headache
- Clinical/research scientific activity (papers, book chapters, abstracts presented at headache congresses, etc.)
- EU residency or EU-based activity
Deadline for application: 28 February 2017
Academic Base 2016-2017: Guest-House, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
EHF-SAS Scientific Committee
- Paolo Martelletti, EHF President
- Lars Edvinsson, IHS President Elect
- Messoud Ashina, TJHP Co-Editor
- Fabio Antonaci, co-Chair, EAN Scientific Panel Headache
- Elena Ruiz de la Torre, EHA President
EHF-SAS Honorary Fellows
- Paolo Martelletti
- Zaza Katsarava
- Christian Lampl
- Messoud Ashina
- Koen Paemeleire
- Dimos-Dimitrios Mitsikostas
- Mark Braschinsky
- Mattias Linde
- Uwe Reuter
- Antoinette Maassen van den Brink